Friday, August 20, 2010

How to write a descriptive essay?

I'm doing a descriptive essay about when I visited the statue of liberty. I'm not quite sure about how to write a descriptive essay. What type of characteristics should I include in my essay?





How should it be started off?





Any help here?How to write a descriptive essay?
well idk how your teacher does it...but when we did them our englsh teacher told us to not have any movement...just describe a still picture..no dialog...if you are going to have movement its more of a narrative then a descriptive...make sure you include a lot of good adjectives...becuase your describing it obviously!How to write a descriptive essay?
You could have something patriotic such as,





The Statue of Liberty represents the morals of America: freedom, strength, and beauty.





Something such as that. Then explain what it is for a bit, talk about some history, talk about why it has been loved over the years...





be sure not to have an opinion, or use the word 'I' or 'me', etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment