Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to help my girlfriend to come visit me from Mexico?

I'm a US citizen and my girlfrined is Mexican lives in Tijuana.


I'm a Marine and I would love to take my girlfiend to the Marine Corp Ball this year in November.


How do I apply for a visitor's VISA for her? Should I apply in the U.S. or the embassy in Tijuana


Thank you.How to help my girlfriend to come visit me from Mexico?
you must be an embarassment to your unit....How to help my girlfriend to come visit me from Mexico?
You cannot apply for her. She must apply for a B-2 tourist isa through the U.S. consulate in Tijuana It is VERY difficult to get a visa...and she must have compelling reasons to return when she is supposed to..own a house or business, have a job to return to, money in the bank. So many people violate their visas and do not return to Mexico, that it makes it very difficult for a Mexican citizen to get a tourist visa...actually, this is the same with many other countries. There are lots of Europeans in the U.S. whose visas have expired. Anyway, she needs to see the site below and follow the directions there to start the visa application process. Just in case you decide to get engaged or married in the future...see 2nd site to read about fiance and spousal visas. It is very important that she not spend any time at all in the U.S. illegally. Many couples do not handle things properly and really make a mess of it. Far better for you to know how to apply for these visas so you do it properly.
Take Charlie's advice. I might also add that if you plan to marry, you might want to go there to marry her and apply for a visa for spouse. As Charlie has indicated apply for a fiancee visa.


I married a man from India here on visitors visa, though that was not our plan we have been best friends for over 5 years and been together while he was here on business a few years ago. He came a few months ago when my mom was dying and we both did not want him to go back and got married and now have to apply for change of status. But seriously we never intended to marry on this visit to the usa, we had intended on getting a fiancee visa. If you can do that it will ultimately be better to have the fiancee visa or marry in Mexico and apply for her, but you have the waiting time and being away from her as your wife rather than just as your girlfriend.
her chances of a visa are slim to none
You should already know mexico is off limits for marines at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment